Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Wally


This is a picture of Wally and CJ, taken about 10 years ago. Wally's the hairy one. He's our nephew, and if you see anyone who looks like that, tell him to call us now and then. Every ten years should be a minimum.

We don't see all of our family as often as we would like, but we call, and e-mail, and pray sometimes. It seemed like the right thing to do to pray for Cousin Sue who was right in the path of Hurricane Irene. The storm moved a little bit easterly, so maybe prayer works. However, that move put a lot of other folks in danger. Does God say "Sure were a lot of prayers for Cousin Sue, so II'll give Irene a little nudge." Or maybe "Not much praying for for Tidewater Virginia so let's wet 'em down some."

So God, if you're not too busy steering storms and earthquakes and all, would you poke Wally and get him to phone? Thanks.

1 comment:

CubanQuilter said...

The prayer thing is so mysterious. I too find it hard to believe God is up there tallying prayers in order to decide who to help and who to smite. If God is making these choices, I don't know anyone this side of heaven who can figure out the "why."

I tend to think that prayer is more about opening up the lines of communication. If I take the time to pray about someone/something, I'll be more open to God's "nudges" about what I should be doing to help. Sometimes he knocks me up-side the head.

Jesus modeled praying and tells us to pray. For me, that is reason enough to do it.