Pages

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Making lists

I'm going to be indisposed for a couple of weeks, so it seemed like a good idea to make lists to help friends and family who will be filling in to run this place. Try making a list of what you do every day, then weekly, then "as needed." You might be surprised. It's kind of like making a list of everything you eat, which is how you start any diet. You also must have answered those questionnaires about how much you exercise. We cheat on those, don't we?

It's not nice to cheat on this list I'm talking about. Somebody's got to give an insulin shot to the blind diabetic dog, not the other one or the husband. You have to include instructions for the microwave, the laundry, the phone answerer. Everybody must have one of these: "If the nightlight is off in the bathroom and the one in the kitchen and the light on the toothbrush charger, it means the sprinkler system is off as well. Go in the garage, reach behind the big fat plug under the sprinkler timer and push the square button with something small and non-metallic." Let me hear about yours.

1 comment:

JoChick said...

JoChick

My friend is having surgery tomorrow to get a new hip. I know she will be pushing a wheelbarrow and digging up shrubry and planting flowers very soon, but, she is my friend. I hate for her to have to go through this.

We have a "WHAT WERE WE THINKING!"
situation. We wanted to see our grandchildren in Indiana. We planned our trip. It's for THIS weekend when it's supposed to be lucky if it's TEN DEGREES as a HIGH! I heard tomorrow it is supposed to be ten degrees below!

We are third and fourth generation Floridians. Thirty two degrees is as cold as it gets and that is just before dawn and we are all snug in our beds.

A cold front lasts three days. One day coming and one day here and one day going.

If we had gone we love our grand children so much that we could all be one big popsicle!

I think I'd rather stay home and hold my friends hand, help with her husband, and do what I can.

March isn't far away. Maybe the weather will be better in Indiana by then.

We'll see.