Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pigeonholes

I just read another lame article grouping those of us who believe in global warming with those who hate the constitution and guns and are conspiring to create unemployment, poor school performance, and starvation by Guinea worm. Now I truly don’t believe that hair spray is killing the ozone layer, but something is going on for sure. Glaciers have always shed chunks into the sea from time to time, but this time it seems a bit excessive.
Another author has implied that if I believe in evolution I must be a Godless heathen liberal Gore-hugger. I’m reaching for a connection, but it is eluding me. Neither God nor the forces of evolution or global warming gives a rat’s ass what I believe.
One thing I do believe is that if one more smarty-pants tries to pigeonhole me because of my age, my gender, my voting record, my religion, my race, or any other category, you don’t know what you’re talking about. None of those factors can predict what leaders I support. Show me someone who has character, integrity, and shows courtesy and a goal of public service and that person will get my vote.

1 comment:

June said...

I'm with you. I get pigeon holed as Liberal, which I pretty much mostly am, and I believe that Unions are good, Global Warming exists and that Corporations are not people. On the other hand, I think Genetically Modified crops, when proper safety precautions are taken, are a good thing. I think we need to control our borders and have a say in who comes in to our country. You can't think you understand someone's feelings on every issue because of their thoughts on a couple of issues.