Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving Thoughts


I promised I wouldn't blog about the election, because I don't want to sound like a smug winner.  In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I will share the thoughts of another blogger, who expresses herself more eloquently:


I agree with her statements, and I wish some of my friends and relatives would take them to heart. I wish some total strangers would take them to heart. There is an undercurrent of hate in the air that you can reach out and touch. All 50 states have now submitted petitions to withdraw from the Union. There is a movement to impeach Obama floating around. The hope that Romney would win has turned into something really ugly. I suspect the followers of some talk radio and TV folks for whipping it up, but I have no real basis for that suspicion. People, sit down and take a few deep breaths. Go outdoors and feel the sunshine, the cool breeze, even the rain. Life goes on, for most of us.

1 comment:

Mama Bean said...

Wow. Thank you for posting the link. It's nice to see that it rang true for others as well. We are so fortunate to live in a country with unlimited opportunities. It sickens me to hear people talk about our country as if it's an evil dictatorship-- they clearly need to travel more. Or read history books. Apathy is the issue with our country- when we point the finger at our government as if it is a separate entity, we fail. We ARE the government. If the government is a mess it's because we allowed it to get that way. Temper tantrums won't fix it; constructive activism will.

And now I'll get off my pulpit and go back to my turkey coma... because we live in a great country where an entire day is dedicated to EATING. How awesome is that???